Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Hallelujah!

We're shouting hallelujah at the Nilsson home!  I often wonder how we can ever keep going after losing so many foals and then we witness one success and I remember - the one is worth it.  Elise is the one who said we should name this one Hallelujah baby and I don't know if she was serious or not but I honestly think we will!
We purchased a little camera that we installed in the barn that connects to our phones and that is what saved us.  Garrett woke up at 2:30 a.m. and checked it and said I should probably go check on Serenity.  I got out there right when she was pushing the baby out.  So amazing!  It went perfectly so I do know that it can happen like that on occasion.  We thought for awhile that our little foal was a "he" but when the light got better I realized he was a "she"!  We were going to call Hallelujah "Hal" for short but now were going to call her "Lu."  The kids are so delighted especially Millie.  She just can't get enough hugs from the baby donkey.  You really need to come see her for yourself!



We thought the day couldn't get any better but then Eliza came bouncing into the kitchen declaring that her very first tooth is loose!  It really can't get better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment