Sunday, August 24, 2025

Hyde Happinesses

 THOMAS! So good to hear from you on here :) I hope it becomes a regular thing. Love getting caught up on all your doings. 

I forced myself to write “happinesses” this week though I’m not feeling particularly happy. I feel absolutely disgusting. We have a mouse problem 🤢 guys. It’s so bad. I don’t know how many there are but they seem to pop up everywhere. The worst one? ON MY PANTS. Hanging up in my closet. UUUGGGGGHHHHH. Mice should be illegal. I hate them. I actually used to think they were cute, even when I got bit, but in my house???! Spare me. It’s so gross. Sometimes I think about the Celestial Kingdom and how nice it will be without disease. And rodents. So if you have any great ideas of how to get rid of them once and for all, please let me know. I am over it. 

In other news, we had a day this week when it only got up to 77°, so to celebrate, we made homemade grilled cheese and tomato soup. Not to toot my own horn, but it’s the best meal I’ve ever made. Homemade sourdough, slathered in butter with melty cheese… ohhhh man. It’s going to be a staple when it actually gets cold. The forecast shows no more days in the 80s though! So fall is on the way. 

I have been baking lots lately. I’ve gotten the hang of sourdough and I quite enjoy making it but really don’t care to eat it, so that’s why we’re starting a home bakery 😅 I make too many treats and we don’t eat them all 🙄 hopefully it works out and other people like it as much as we do. 

Barrie Britt is the owner of our house. Her brother, Rodney, lives next door and is the landlord. He and his wife and phenomenal and we love them. Stetson absolutely adores Rodney (Wodney). Anyway, Barrie is coming into town this Wednesday and has us on pins and needles. Cam is convinced she’s going to let us know if we can stay at the house for longer than our year contract or not. I’m really hoping she’ll let us stay for the next few years (if not indefinitely), but we’ll see. She may not even say a word! 😅 but that has us a little nervous. 

I’m hosting a girls night tomorrow. The girls in the ward try to get together once or twice a month to do games or a craft of some kind, so this month we’re doing gourmet s’mores at our house :) I think it will be very very fun. Each of the girls pitches in a few dollars to help cover cost of the activity, and then we just sit around and yap and catch up. It’s so fun and I’m excited to host this time. 

The boys are doing really well. Stetson is acting so grown up these days. He’s a parrot which is fun but I really have to watch myself. He loves to say “heck yeah!” Very enthusiastically whenever he is excited. He recently learned how to do a somersault (thank you Manning’s), and while performing for us, he said “I’m really cool looking.” I love his confidence. Beckham is delightful. He squirms around everywhere and absolutely adores Stetson. He looks for him whenever he hears him and gives him a huge grin. He’s so sweet and generally good natured. He only has about one bowel movement a week, which always ends in an enormous blowout. It happened today on the way to church. Cam had to take him to his parents house to literally wash him off. And his car seat. It was a disaster. 

Anyway. Sorry for being long winded. Miss you all. Hope you can come visit sometime :) 





Believe it or not, that bowl was half full of tomatoes. They’re Stetsons favorite 

A new friend, Nyla. She’s spicy but so fun. 








Stetson invited himself over to Rodney’s house while I was watering the garden. I found them just chatting and catching up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment