Sunday, August 24, 2025

Flake Fun

 It has been a couple of exhausting weeks.  We jumped in to school and are trying to keep some sort of routine to our days. I'll admit I don't interrupt their creative morning playtime to start school so at this point it looks more like unschooling some days but we are trying to have fun! 

Here is a random story for the week.  We came home around 11:00 after going to the library and running some errands and found a stack of pizzas on our porch. We hadn't ordered pizza so I called Little Caesar's and they said they had made a mistake and we could keep the pizzas. Weird. 

The house is making progress.  It is still a house hole but all 4 basement walls are poured.  We are now working on getting things prepped for the slab pour.  We won't be quite ready by this Saturday but I am hoping that the first weekend in Sept will work out. 

This is the footer for our load bearing wall and the fireplace.
The kids love to help, especially when the hose is involved.


Our apple trees are going crazy! (The old ones, not the new orchard).  We have gotten a few strawberries and raspberries and loads of cherry tomatoes.  

That's all for now.  

Our miracle apple tree.  It was broken at the rootstock and I thought it was lost.  After talking with dad, I bound it up and babied it along for a bit.  Now it is looking great!! This is the after pic. 

The before pic

Can you find the frog?






No comments:

Post a Comment