Sunday, November 5, 2023

Hyde Happinesses

 Happy birthday to Gracie girl and Jenn earlier this week! We hope you both had wonderful days and felt loved and celebrated. 

Hello all :) life is peachy over here in Kentucky. Last week was pretty cold, but this week we’re back in the sixties and even seventies some days! Woot woot! Very enjoyable and pleasant. We love going on walks and soaking up the rest of the sun we can get. 

There’s not a lot to say about this week. But I was chatting with Emi Bennett Palmer this week, and she had a very good insight. She is the ward organist and last week, she stumbled on the first couple verses of the opening song. There was an issue with the sound and volume of the organ, and it got her flustered. After she figured out how to turn it up, the rest of the meeting went smoothly. Following sacrament meeting, the chorister came up and told Emi what a great job she did and how she was grateful Emi was the organist. Emi scoffed a little and was about to say “did you hear me?? It was so awful!” But she stopped herself when Heavenly Father whispered “you can still be great and make mistakes.” Wowza. I loved that and I’ve thought about it everyday since! I love that it doesn’t have anything to do with perfection - just you can still be doing a great job and make mistakes. You can still be a great mom and make mistakes. A great teacher and make mistakes. A great wife or husband and make mistakes. I loved it. I was reviewing some of my notes in Preach My Gospel from when I was a missionary, and one thing I had jotted down was that when I make a mistake or sin, all of a sudden I’ve never done anything right and I never was a good missionary or wife or mom or driver or cook or whatever it is! But that is sooooo not true. Just because we make a mistake doesn’t make our efforts and triumphs from before any else meaningful or important. Anyway. That’s my thought from the week. 


Oakley tries to recruit Stetson to get her ball for her. It’s pretty cute 

Pumpkin painting on Halloween

Smarty pants for work 😅 credit goes to Peter Hart 

The golden child 



No comments:

Post a Comment