Sunday, May 24, 2020

Manning Moments

It has been too long since I wrote but here I am finally. It has been a very eventful and fun lockdown I must say. I am such a homebody and can't complain about having Nick home all day! If we get back to "normal" it will feel very strange.
Some of the things we have done during this time are:
Minimizing!!!! I am loving it. Thanks Ruth! My life is forever changed.
Wesley learned to ride a bike and is learning how to read and write. He is amazing.
Chet is learning how to yell even louder. That is the normal volume when talking. It can be anxiety promoting but it is still cute. He tries to keep up with Wesley in every way and keeps everyone laughing. He is obsessed with the lawn mower and weed eater.
We have had mud fights, pillow fights, water fights and flour fights. I am getting used to parenting boys and I love it.
Nick took his hunter's education course and is dreaming about it all the time. His passion is to become a mighty hunter. He and his friend went coyote hunting and they were both clueless. When they came home empty handed they were deflated and I had to chuckle. But they will get the hang of it I'm sure.
We planted our garden and have loved the beautiful weather. It does pay to live a little further south.
Nick got me a really nice bike trailer/stroller for our anniversary and it has been a blast to ride and walk with it and the boys love it too!
We have gone the Manning's cabin a few times and have done lots of family things.
It was great to see Jenn and her cute family! We have seen mom and dad a few times and had a blast working on their yard! Good times!
I think life is very nice in the slow lane, just focusing on the essentials and being with family.
Hope you all have a wonderful Sabbath and I can't wait to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment