Saturday, April 4, 2026

Hyde Happinesses

 Family! You must needs come visit us! It is so fun to have you come to my turf! We had an absolute blast with Ruth and Addy last week. Stets asks every day when they’re going to come back and I’m wondering the same thing. We just played all day and saw some really pricey horses and watched some good shows. They helped me plan some of Becks birthday and it was just so fun. My goal was to make them jealous so they would move out here. Not sure if I was successful, but I don’t think anyone can deny that Kentucky is a very beautiful place. 

Beckham boy is 1!! Can you believe it??! I cannot. A few days before he turned one, he really started walking, and now he’s a pro. However, whenever I try to put shoes on him when we go outside, he throws a royal fit and grunts and yells at me and will not stand up until I take them off. It’s hilarious. Anyway, here’s to hoping he’ll learn to wear shoes soon. Poor guy. We went to a sandwich shop for dinner, then came and had cupcakes and opened presents. He loved the cupcakes and Stetson was delighted with the presents 😅

Anyway, we have been having a great time. The weather is gorgeous. I did my first ward activity this morning and it went really well. Our ward is really phenomenal and everyone stepped up and was willing to help. I made 200 crepes (you need 3 gallons of milk and 50 eggs, people). Never again. But they were delicious. Then we did an Easter egg hunt for the kids and it was awesome! The weather was perfect and we had over 600 eggs for the kids to find which was great. The activity was something I was dreading, and I’m really glad it’s over. It is NOT my cup of tea, but I’m trying to get over myself and just deal with it.

Well, I love you people. Come visit. 


This beauty is called Not This Time. It costs $250,000 to breed with him once. So maybe we should all rethink our choice of career and go into breeding racehorses. Food for thought. 

 Old fashioned soda fountain







Kentucky dirt is 10/10


Conference naps. All my boys were asleep for the first session. I’ve never got so much out of conference 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment