Hello hello! Life has been good lately :) newborn snuggles are the very best, so if any of you are lacking in that department, head on over!
We got to have mom here for almost 3 weeks which was absolutely delightful. Unfortunately she came right as we had a week and a half of solid rain, along with thunder, lightning, tornado warnings, and lots of flooding in our basement:) one night, Cam and I both got alerts on our phones, telling us to get to a basement if possible because of a possible tornado headed our way. I grabbed Beckham and Oakley and Cam went to get Stetson and grandma. We met downstairs and Cam had a funny look on his face; “ she doesn’t want to come,” he told me. That was a little weird. So a few minutes later I texted her, urging her to come. She came moseying down, looking perplexed. There was water pouring into the basement from a broken gutter that Cam and our landlord were trying to fix. “Why did you come downstairs?” She asked. I was so confused. I figured her phone had also gotten the alert, but it was not so 😅 she had no idea there was a tornado warning and was thinking the basement was probably the worst place to be if it were getting flooded… I couldn’t agree more 😅 but once we got that all sorted we stayed downstairs for about an hour and finally got the green light to go back up. It was a very strange night. Meanwhile, our whole backyard became a lake. Mom was quite impressed with the amount of water that fell from the sky.
Thanks for all the well wishes with our new addition. It’s been fun and challenging and all the things. He’s a really sweet little guy and is very patient. Stetson is very preferencial to his daddy right now and doesn’t want anything to do with me. If you have insights on how to be friends with a feisty toddler who throws remarkable tantrums when daddy goes to work, that would be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment